The Washington Center operates year-round and accommodates semester and quarter academic calendars. Deadlines for application vary. Students should consult their campus liaison to see if their institution has an earlier deadline.
Semester, Summer Term and Postgraduate Programs:
|Summer Term 2011
* App. Fee: This amount is refunded if you meet our min. eligibility requirements but are not accepted.
Applicants to our Postgraduate Professional Development Program (PPDP) pay a $500 deposit in lieu of the application fee. It is refunded if the student is not accepted into the program.
Early Deadline Range Begins for Selected Agencies:
The Washington Center encourages students to apply early as some agencies have early internal deadlines by which we must refer candidates. Others may require students to complete additional application materials. The date noted above is the earliest your application is due in order to be considered for the full range of early deadline placements. These include (but are not limited to) the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of State, The White House and U.S. Congressional Offices (summer term only). Many agencies listed need to issue security clearances for students who accept an offer.
Note: The Washington Center does not conduct security clearances. Security clearances will be conducted by an agency after an offer is made to and accepted by a student.
Apply by this date if you’d like early consideration for our financial assistance awards including the following:
- Diversity Leaders Award (must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident) Civic Engagement Award
- International Leaders Award (must be attending an institution outside the U.S.)
- Association of College Honor Societies Scholarship (also available to Postgraduate Program applicants)
- National Collegiate Honors Council Scholarship
If a particular deadline has passed, please call or e-mail Fatimeh at 727-215-9128 or Fatimeh@cfgu.us to see if we can still accept your application.